The tryout schedule will not be posted until the week before tryouts because the locations and times can change for a variety of reasons.
We are very excited about the upcoming season coming off Club successes on the field, a high collegiate placement of our graduating seniors, and the enjoyment of watching some of our alumni play professional soccer on MLS and USL Pro teams.
We wish you the best during the tryout experience. We are often asked about what to do prior to stepping on the field to prepare. Our suggestion is to stay engaged with the soccer ball leading up to tryouts.
· Get some friends together and play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5
· Work with the ball: juggle, pass, strike driven balls (line drive balls)
Keep in mind, becoming a better soccer player does not happen overnight. Improving ball skills takes months of repetition. Practice! Practice! Practice!
A couple of hints every player can use during tryouts:
· Remember your soccer ball!
· Be on time, shin guards on and cleats tied
· Bring a water bottle for hydration
· Hustle! Everyone can engage and play hard
· Be attentive! Listen to instructions from the coaches. Make corrections quickly.
If you have any questions, you can contact one of the Placer United coaches. Their contact information can be found on our website under “Staff” for your age group. Feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on the field! Go Placer!